Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthdays = Awesome

Ok, it's been something like two weeks since my birthday and I've yet to blog about all the ways people made me feel super special. That all changes now. Hold on tight, this might be lengthly.

I went back home to spend my birthday with Mom and let me tell you, that, was a good idea. She woke me up on Saturday morning with an actual piece of crispy bacon. (I realize I haven't been woke up a lot of different ways in my lifetime, but I'm going on the record saying being woke up with a piece of bacon to eat is easily #1 or #2).

After making my way upstairs we sat down to a Garrett Family Tradition, Birthday Breakfast! In my 28 years of life I would probably venture a guess that 22+ of my Birthday Breakfasts have consisted of french toast and crispy bacon.





We then went to Hays to do some shopping. I was in the market for pretty pots for my nearly dead indoor plants, but due to too many choices I left empty handed because I couldn't make a decision.



However, I found these awesome frog things.



I also found some possible plants that I could keep alive, Just Add Ice Orchids (just like it sounds, you give the plant 3 ice cubes a week and you have a living orchid plant) and cacti.



We then did lunch at Al's Chickenette, seriously the best fried chicken ever! If you ever find yourself in Hays America, eat there and thank me later.

Oh, and then Mom and I stopped at a place that had puppies for sale and she fell in love with this doxie puppy. I wanted her to get her and name her Clara Belle, but the dog was $250 and Mom informed me that Clara Belle was a cow's name, not a dogs name. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUNNY, RIGHT!?!


I miss Clara Belle.

When I got back home to KC on Sunday I had a package, from one of my greatest friends since preschool, Alison. Inside, 48 fruit rollups!!!!


She read on one of those facebook surveys that I love fruit rollups and when she saw this box, she couldn't resist getting it for me. So let this be a lesson to all of you, that not only are survey's fun to fill out, but rewarding too.

Thank you for making me feel so special, y'alls!

There are a couple of other birthday centered activities involving a bet gone awry and the Blazin' Wing Challenge, but look for those later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Erin - Thank you for purchasing a Just Add Ice Orchid! We appreciate your comment and hope you enjoy your orchid! Our orchids are simple to take care of and we offer great orchid care tips and watering advice on our website: www.JustAddIceOrchids.com/watering

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait is thsi for real--Are you somehow friends with the just add ice franchise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are being "active participants" in the social media world and if ever their product is mentioned they read up.

    If y'all at just add ice are still listening I didn't purchase an orchid, I just admired them. If you want to send me a free plant, that'd be alright with me. I'd write more about your product! ;)

    ReplyDelete