Today is my 5 year anniversary at work. I can't believe it. It feels like twice that long. (that's what your suppose to say in regards to anniversaries right?)
(excitement in picture might be exaggerated since it's a Monday, but now you know what my cube sorta looks like.)
According to about.com the traditional 5 year anniversary gift is wood. There are no new pencils in sight right now, but technically I am bumped up to a nicer PTO package so I'll take a day off sometime soon and buy myself some wood. On this auspicious occasion though, I'd rather reflect on what the 5 years has seen.
- One company buyout.
- Two CEO's, randomly enough though the same CEO that was here when I started is now again the CEO.
- I've had 3 different Directors (but to be fair, I was only under the first one for a week), 2 different Managers
- 2 different job titles
- 5 softball seasons
- I've worked in 2 different buildings
- had 4 different cubes
- 3 or maybe even 4 computer upgrades
- 2 office chairs
- 2 name tags and
- 1 business day trip to Chicago on the company dime.
- I've laid out something like 107+ directories, had only a handful of meltdowns, worked with some client's I would swear were smoking crack when they edited a proof
- and made countless friends that have made the time fun.
So thanks for the steady income and saving me from a life of retail work at Target.