Sunday, September 19, 2010

The great escape: Day 4

On day 4 we took a leisurely stroll through Boulder Colorado.

Highlights included:
  • a street performer dressed as a dog (sadly not pictured)
  • some awesome coconut/chocolate chunk ice cream from Ben & Jerry's (also not pictured)
  • playing with stuff at a toy store
  • and trying to find the football stadium (even though I'm still a little salty towards CU for leaving the Big 12)



Then that evening we went to the Taste of Colorado festival with the rest of the city of Denver. There were easily 2,000+ people there to see Bret Michaels play a free concert. I don't think festival planners planned on that big of a crowd, because we started really far back and the sound was muffled by the row of trees between us. They didn't have nearly enough speakers/amps. We tried to weasel our way up closer, but this is as close as we got.


I must of been really excited since it's so blurry.

As we were walking back to the car I saw all this commotion coming up behind us with a red SUV and tons of police around it and a few 40 year old women losing their shit. I knew he was in that vehicle. So I grabbed my camera and hoped the window was rolled down on our side, but it wasn't. But I can say with 98% confidence, Bret Michaels is in these two pictures.



And that pretty much concludes the vacation because the next day I came back home. Oh, well, I guess Gleason did take us to her neighborhood dive bar for a drink after the show where she was petted and described as "soft" by a young lady who lives on the east side and "keeps it real," but she may not want me sharing that.

Whoopsees.

Thanks for a great time girls!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent chronicle of the trip - my friend! I enjoyed every sentence :)

    ReplyDelete