Sunday, September 19, 2010

The great escape: Day 3

The farther we get into this vacay recap the shorter the posts are going to be I think :)

Saturday was a pretty relaxing day, we went to the art museum saw some bamboo purses and headed back to the house to watch the KSU-UCLA game.

Here is Gleason leading us in a K-S-U cheer.


My friends Alison and Cindy and their respective men folk came over and watched the game with us, but I failed to take any photos with them the entire weekend. :(

After the Wildcat victory we went to a concert at Red Rocks. I knew a few songs by one band, the Avett Brothers and I knew nothing about the other band, Gov't Mule.


The Avett Brothers were awesome and I'm now in love with them.



Here is a sample of one of their songs, I and Love and You.


See, I knew you'd like it.

Here is a picture of an awesome hippy beer vendor.


Then came the headliner Gov't Mule. They are a jam band. If you don't know what a jam band is, consider yourself lucky. They extend a perfectly exceptable 3 minute song into a 12 minute song by "jamming." In small doses I probably could have handled it a little better, but 3 hours is too effing long for that mess.

Don't believe me? Here, try and sit all the way through this video 20 times.


I didn't like it one bit. In fact, at one point I think I looked over at Becca and told her this was the longest 3 hours of my life. Luckily, we were at one of the prettiest places to listen to bad music at so I took a few night time pictures, drank some beer and sat on some stairs with Becca and another one of Gleason's friends who talked about how talented her boyfriend was for 17 minutes straight, without interruption (that's not an exaggeration, Becca actually timed it).






Up next...the night I almost met Bret Michaels.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to the Avett Brothers. Just bought their "I and Love and You" album. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO welcome! And, by subtraction property I can deduce this also mean you do not dig jam bands. :)

    ReplyDelete