Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4-star game

Without a doubt, the most popular post on this blog was the one that introduced the world to my fantasy baseball team, the Handsome Men's Club. From Florida to Washington, people raved about my no-nonsense-sport-savvy drafting style. This week marks the symbolic halfway point of the season, known as the All-Star Game, so I figured now was a good time to report how the season was playing out.

Surprisingly, to no one other than myself, I am not in first place. More surprisingly, to everyone else in my league, I am not in last place either. I am currently in 10th place (out of 12 teams). And the HMC has four, that's right...four players in the All-Star Game.

Joe Mauer (obviously the best drafting decision I could have ever made)


Justin Morneau (proof that my drafting strategy was good for the first 2 rounds...admittedly the wheels fell off in the 3rd round when I drafted Mark Teahen)


Chirs Young (a lucky break for me as far as stumbling on to this base thief)


Joakim Soria (somebody from the Royals had to be represented)


Hopefully we can really turn up the heat the second half of the season and break into the middle of the pack...ever mindful though of our team motto, "We don't care how good you play, so long as you're really, really, ridiculously good looking."

**Bloggers Update: I think I forgot to mention Jose Bautista being an All-Star so technically this should have been a 5-star game post...oh well. I never claimed to be accurate.**

No comments:

Post a Comment