Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life - Day 13

Day 13: Goals

Seriously, how am I only on day 13 of this blog challenge? It feels like I've been doing this for 78 days.

I'm sure the originator of this topic list meant for me to talk about my goals to make me a better person, the world a better place and blah, but that's not really my thing. I put real effort into not telling people my goals until I hit them.

It limits liability.

Manages perception.

All that good stuff.

This blog challenge is a perfect example of what I generally try to avoid. If I hadn't told all 18 of you that I was going to do this thing I could just go back to being an absentee blogger or at least skip these lame-o topic days that do not interest me. Instead, I live with the guilt that if I bail on this y'alls will hold it over my head.

Which reminds me...

Way to bail on the 30-day blog challenge, Taddy Long Legs!

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yeah, goals = guilt.

But, for those of you who were hoping I put more effort and less smartass in this, here is a list of "goals" I want to or have accomplished in the recent past.

  • Witness a real life bench clearing at a professional game, most likely baseball or hockey.
  • Get back to my workout routine I had in 2009.
  • Make one of the delicious dishes I have tagged from the Olive cookbook Becca bought me.
  • Become a boss before 30. (check)
  • Visit all 50 states in the US.
  • Learn how to "dougie."
  • See Eddie Money live in concert (check and check)
  • Fix my stupid living room wall.
  • Buy grown-up living room furniture since I've been lead to believe, by more than one person, that my idea of buying Furniture Fix for my couch is not what people call a "good idea." 

Even Dean Wormer would be proud of my ambition.



4 comments:

  1. i would like to see a blog update on the first recipe made from the olive cookbook - yay olives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a proposal, if you come to see me wisconsin, we could go to a hockey game and make a recipe from the olive cookbook. We could also go to yoga or something while you're here. Assuming you hadn't been to Wisconsin before, that would potentially help you in your course to reaching 4/9 (almost half!!) of the above mentioned goals.

    booyah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, becky! you're amazing! that takes my goals down to nearly half! incredible. Is Madison's hockey team know for it's fights? i sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and becca, i will absolutely dedicate a posting to what is hopefully a tasty, easy and successful dish :)

    ReplyDelete