Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ooh la la.....la la la la la

I'm a purist when it comes to a lot of things.

I like my margaritas lime with salt, none of this strawberry/mango with sugar mess.

I like my salads made with mostly iceberg lettuce chunks and ranch dressing, no need to make it fancy with dark green leafy junk and a vinaigrette.

I like my Justin Timberlake singing instead of acting.

And I like to buy my music albums as CDs instead of mp3s. If I had been born a few decades earlier I probably would have a sweet vinyl collection. If I had purchased any other cassette tapes as a kid besides Rock Around the Mouse and Hangin' Tough I'd brag about my cassette tape collection.

ANYWAYS...

A few weeks ago I saw the video for Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals.



It's got that classic rock sound that you all know I love so much. So I used the ole' world wide web to do some more investigating on her (err...their?) music and decided I would love to fork over the $8 for the full album (thanks barnesandnoble.com).

Here's where we get to the part I love about albums...

The package came in the mail today, I opened the case and look what I saw inside,



a cd disguised as a record! See if I would have bought the album as 13 mp3 files I would have missed out on all the cool packaging, pictures, lyrics and experience of it all. Don't get me wrong, mp3s are great for when you don't want a whole album or you only like the one Rick Astley song, but I like to have the tangible goods.

So, not only is the album packaging cool, but the music is awesome! If you only buy one album this year, make it Essential Eddie Money. But if you already have two copies of that like me or plan on buying more than one album this year, make the next one the self-titled nugget from Grace Potter and The Nocturnals. So good.

Here's another song off the album just for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. agreed! i love grace potter & the noctournals. although i sadly (and surprisingly) disagree on most of these other points (margaritas & iceberg lettuce). how is that even possible? good thing i'm already thoroughly convinced that i love you :)

    ReplyDelete