Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big News

Almost exactly 3 years to the date that I was promoted to Senior Layout Artist at my job, my manager told us she was leaving work to become a stay at home mom. Six weeks later, this email was sent out company wide with the subject line "Garrett Promotion."

Good morning:

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Erin Garrett has been promoted to Directories Supervisor. Erin has been with Ascend for more than five years, working on such directories as MMPI properties, NASDA and, most recently, Miss USA. During Cindy recent maternity leave, Erin (with an able assist from Janine) provided leadership in the department and coordinated projects and deliverables.

Moving forward, Erin’s direct reports are Janine, Anne and Ashley. She also will be hiring a directories editorial assistant to fill out the team. As she fully transitions into her role of Directories Supervisor, Erin will oversee major scheduling, manage layouts, assess directories bids and new project evaluations, lead eMedia developments, provide answers to general directories questions as well as still work on a few directory projects.

Please join me in congratulating Erin on her promotion and new responsibilities.

Best,
Rhonda


To say I'm a little excited is an understatement. Can you believe someone has given me my own staff!?!? I fully expect to feel like I'm in over my head at some point or multiple points in time, but I think I'll model my managerial style after Michael Scott.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Erin!! That is such awesome news! You will be the Worlds Best Boss!!!

    ReplyDelete