Monday, March 28, 2011

Music Monday

As I've already established here on Nonsense, I'm a purist.

So as you can imagine, I didn't like it when American Idol lost Paula. I hated Kara and Ellen didn't do much for me as a judge either. When Simon left, I was convinced they would never recover. And I adimately refused to watch once they announced J.Lo as one of the new judges.

Well, curiousity got the best of me about two weeks in, on a snowy night, and I watched and much to my surprise the new judges didn't suck. J.Lo has some of the same carisma as Paula, chair dancin' like nobody's business, and Steven Tyler is the semi-pervy horndog that show was missing! So, I took up watching once the talent got widdled down to the final 13 or 12.

I have a couple favorites, Paul McDonald being one of them. He's voice is different and he's got this incredibly infectious smile. I went on iTunes to listen to his cover of "Tracks of My Tears" and saw on the comments section that he is actually part of a band called The Grand Magnolias. After previewing the albums I'm in love. I now hope he doesn't win so he can stay in the band and keep making this music.

Here's Grand Magnolias "American Dreams." Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment