Monday, January 31, 2011

WEATHER, AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Facebook is ruining me. I've said it before in regards to my ever declining empathy for extremists who bitch about everylittleeffingthing or those who gross me out with their incessant proclamation of love and blessedness on a tri-daily basis, but now it's getting serious. Weather forecasts of any noted severity turn my Facebook home page into a who's who of Chicken Little's giving me more conflicting dooms day exaggerations then I can keep up with.

Last night, for example, at least 10 people in the KC metro area would like to have had me believe I was going to wake up to 18" of ice and 42" of snow barricading me in my home. When in reality there was no snow and no ice, just some light misting all day long and a cold temperature of 28 degrees.

Instead of hiding these "friends" or not reading Facebook on an hourly basis or watching the weather reports on tv for myself, I choose to bitch about these people on my blog and avoid the grocery store so I don't chance being categorized as a "preparer."

Apocalypses were designed to take people like me out. There is a possible foot of snow lurking in my very immediate future and I've chosen to meet it head on with one roll of toilet paper, a package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough and a bad attitude. This should be fun.

If I get a paid day off from work because of the snow I promise to do an equally entertaining blog that is pro-snow.

2 comments:

  1. I went to the store today and bought two packages of bacon. And a rice krispie treat.

    Bring on the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like they way you prepare for a blizzard, lady brady!

    ReplyDelete