Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7 years and 16 cents later

So the next worst thing to missing out on enjoying my Blizzard happened. The insurance company totaled out my car. Knowing full well that there is no other way I'd get that much money for my car any other way, I'm taking the cash before they figure out I only have one speaker that works, no volume control on the radio and an air conditioner that goes out when it's warmer than 90 degrees.

That means I had to clean everything out of my car. This is what 7 years of car ownership looks like. (Not pictured: half full trash bag of paper receipts that I cleaned out on Sunday)


I thought I'd done a better job keeping my car clean after the OPPD left me a note on my windshield, 4 years ago, that said my car was at risk for being broke into because of the clutter. Apparently, I just moved the clutter to my trunk.

Some highlights include:
  • a bridesmaids shawl
  • 9 pairs of dirty socks from the softball season
  • 2 mixed cassette tapes made from songs on the radio
  • a congratulations card from my realator that helped me find my condo
  • 6 pennies
  • 2 nickels
  • a rock from Brian & Sonya's rock garden that Abby gave me after the "Erin loves rocks" fiasco
  • and my favorite...this thing.

What the heck is this and who gave it to me?

Maybe I'll do better next car.

Goodbye old friend. Thanks for the miles.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I already miss your car.

    And I'm surprised there wasn't more stuff to clean out, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i really wish i could claim to the person that gave you that thing - alas - i've never seen it before. I miss your car already too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like something Gleason would have brought back over from Japan, kind of. Maybe my "little sister" Cheyenne lost it in my car.

    ReplyDelete