Monday, August 16, 2010

Isn't ironic, don't you think?

Alanis Morissette had a smash hit back in the day called "Ironic" where she lists off a lot of things that are bummers, but not really ironic incidences.

Here's a story in irony.

Yesterday, I was sideswiped by a risk management officer talking on his cell phone while driving. It was definitely very scary, but I'm ok. The ole Dodge Status has looked better, right now I think only body damage. We are currently waiting prognosis and finding her a good plastic surgeon.



Since my guardian angels kept me safe yesterday I feel it's only fitting that I be honest as to what really upset me yesterday. When the accident happen, I was on my way home from DQ, I had gotten a new mini blizzard and 4 piece chicken strip basket. By time I got home the blizzard was melted and the hot food was gross and cold. It reminded me of the story Mom and Dad use to tell about my older sister Kim. She fell down the stairs once (not really surprising for either one of us) and screamed and cried bloody murder. Mom and Dad race downstair to make sure she's ok and ask what hurts and she finally tells them she's upset because she broke her cookie.

It was definitely a broken cookie moment.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that IS ironic! I hope Mr. Risk Assessor assessed himself as a high risk human being. Glad you are okay, I'd be bummed about a melted Blizzard too. Can you work that into the insurance settlement soemehow? Blizzards for life!!!!

    ReplyDelete