Friday, July 22, 2011

And we're off! - Day 1

Ok, here I am, going strong on the 30-day blog challenge. Today's topic?

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts.

Ok, well, I pretty much feel like yesterday's blog was an adequate introduction to this bit. so....CHECK!

(see i told you they should have given me credit for Day 0)

ok, what's next? Recent picture of yourself. well, this is about as recent as you can get.



I just got done playing softball and drinking celebratory beers. No, we didn't win, in fact, this was our worse season since we started back in '05, but tonight's game was a lot of fun.

ok, recent picture? CHECK!

15 interesting facts.

about me?

ugh. That's pushing it, I'm not sure I can handle that. Let's go half and half. Tonight I'll share credit with
this site on fun facts.

Ok, in no particular order.
  1. I used to be afraid of trains. Afraid as in I was convinced that a train was going to deliver my ultimate demise. We lived less than a block away from the train tracks and my super sonic hearing could hear a train whistle at least 8 miles away. My fear was cured when they taught me about the caboose. Why don't trains have cabooses anymore?
  2. Hippo milk is pink. I adore hippos.
  3. Just before the US started bombing Baghdad, nearly $1 billion dollars was stolen from the Central Bank of Iraq and is now the largest bank robbery in history. Also, right before the US started bombing Baghdad, I was in Las Vegas getting ready to board a Southwest Airlines flight back to KC with my friends Alison and Cindy. United Airlines canceled our original flight and I haven't flown them since.
  4. I made my national tv debut on January 2, 2004 during K-State's loss to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. This is also the same weekend that I figured out how to ask for the beer garden in Spanish, “Donde esta jardin de cerveza?”
  5. Scientists aren't sure what color dinosaurs were.
  6. Up until about 2nd grade when I had my tonsils taken out, I was convinced onions gave me strep throat. If I ever have children there’s a high likelihood half of them will be mini-hypochondriacs.
  7. I love daydreaming.
  8. Back in 2004/5 I invented a game called "Yassar or a Cow." It's wildly unpopular, but I love it. Basically, you ask people who they would rather be in a situation with......Yassar Arafat or a cow. At Katie and Todd's wedding, Kristin's husband Matt asked me who I would have liked to brought as a date. I said, "Oh, I wasn't given plus guest." (like that was my only deterrent...taking dates to weddings is like a babysitting job you don't get paid for). To which Matt replied, "Yeah, but if you could, would you have brought Yassar?" "Yes, absolutely." Kristin, being the dark cloud that rains on my parade said, "Yeah, his dead moldy corpse would have been a lot of fun." me: "Uhhh, yeah, Weekend at Bernie's 1 and Weekend at Bernie's 2."
  9. More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines.
  10. I'm a sucker for tv shows that let you download music from each episode. FOX and NBC saw me coming from a mile away.
  11. The zip code 12345 is assigned to General Electric in Schenectady, New York.
  12. I dressed as Steven Q. Eurkle for Halloween in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Now-a-days it probably would have been racially insensitve for a little white girl to do that, but my impression of his laugh and signature phrase “Did I do that?” was so spot on I think it made it ok. I won first place in the costume contest at school.
  13. There are more plastic flamingos in the US than real ones. 40 of them are in my brother Brian's shed.
  14. The oldest patented company logo is the red triangle of Bass beers.
  15. The KC star linked to my blog in an article that talked about Betty White. I'm credible if nothing else, right?
Well, I don't know about you readers, but I feel informed and entertained now. You're welcome.

15 interesting facts...CHECK!

3 comments:

  1. How did i not know about #15? I'm pretty sure that along with #4 makes you famous.

    How did that happen anyway? Do you know the guy who wrote that? The KC Star should find a reason to link to your fantasy baseball blog entry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I had no idea that it had happen until I was checking some blog stats and saw i was getting a lot of referring traffic from that article link. Craziness, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is crazy! nice work!

    ReplyDelete