Thursday, February 18, 2010

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I've got it. Olympic FEVER!

About twice a day I check msn to see how many more medals Team USA has racked up. Yesterday, when we won six medals in one day to passed up those dang Germans I did a little chant inside. I'm competitive, but I'm even worse when I'm not the actual individual competing for the win.

But, I'm not all about the medal count. I love watching too. Mostly the skiing and snowboarding events since gone are the figure skating days of Brian Boitano, Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning, Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya "take 'em out with metal pipe" Harding. I mean what Shaun White did last night to secure the gold was super awesome.

I'd link to a video of it, but NBC doesn't play nice with other sites and to watch it on their web site you have to download a special plugin and it's not friendly for Mac users and blah blah blah, they are on my list. Although, my frustration over that kind of cancels out when I remember back to the live feed of White's win, him and all of his coaches kept dropping curse words in celebration, as you would expect from a group of that sort, and the announcers said, "We are going to have to apologize for the language you're hearing, everyone is obviously very excited and we're on live tv." Pay up, suits!

Oh, and to top it all off, we have some of the best looking uniforms there.





So in summation,
  • Team USA is awesome and
  • My birthday is coming up in something like 17 days, somebody find a much cheaper knockoff of that opening ceremony hat and buy it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment