Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grody with a capital "G"

This morning when I left for work there was something black and big and dead in front of my neighbor's door on the ground. I initially thought it might be a dead bird, perhaps a crow, but no. It was. In fact. A dead. Semi burnt. Squirrel.

(insert groans and dry heaving sounds here)

What the heck? How does that happen. First of all his car wasn't in his carport anymore so that means he had already left for the day and most likely saw the squirrel, stepped over it to get out the door, leaned over it to lock the door and left it untouched. But how did it get there? Did the poor animal spontaneously combust? Did my neighbor anger someone, causing them to leave a burning squirrel by his front door? Was the squirrel seeking shelter in the chimney and catch on fire when my neighbor wanted to have a little ambience?

You and I will never know, because I go out of my way to avoid conversations with nearly all my neighbors, but speculating is probably 92% of the fun.

I almost ran back into my house to get my camera so I could post a photo here, but then I decided that,
  • That's gross and I really don't want that file on my computer.
  • Not that many of you will really want to see a dead, semi burnt squirrel.
  • It might be bad karma to post a photo of my neighbors misery on my very first blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment