Saturday, November 27, 2010

Welcome to the jungle, Sammers

This post is just a touch late, but I can still justify the timing if you hang with me here.

Jeremy & Trisha welcomed their first born into the world on Thursday, Nov. 18th and named her Samantha Jane Garrett. While the doctor delivered her two weeks early she still weighed in at an impressive 7lbs 11oz, 20 inches.


Though not readily apparent on this blog from a timing standpoint, I was beaming with excitment over the pending birth and timed my arrival to the hospital perfectly. All the grandparents had gotten to hold her and she was primmed for some "Lulu time."

Here I am telling her she looks just like me.

About 10 seconds after I started holding her the nurse took her away from me to check her blook sugar levels again. Long story short, they ended up putting her in to the NICU :(


I went back on Saturday with my sister Kim and Sam had clearly had a visit from Papa Garrett during the night because she had already pulled out her feeding tube once. I could just hear him say "Ok Sam, wanna see that lady out there run in here really fast? Just give this a real good tug."



Here's a picture of Daddy trying to teach her how to eat and breath at the same time so she can leave the hospital. It's a classic Garrett family problem, we just get so excited to eat breathing becomes non-essential. I mean, her Uncle Brian was so into eating a Thanksgiving dinner once he broke into a sweat :)


This is just a really cute picture of Grammy loving on her 7th grandchild.

So after being in the NICU for a week Sam decided she was done with that place, pulled out her feeding tube for a second time, started eating like a champ and went home with Mommy and Daddy today!


Congrats Bubba & Trisha! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment